How to whiten teeth with natural products
Currently, fashionable dental treatments to leave well gleaming white teeth. However, products made with invasive eventually damage the coating of teeth, and is irreversible. You do not have to go to such extremes, if you are looking for white teeth not hesitate to try the following natural products.
How stained teeth?
The enamel which coats the teeth is slightly porous and be "filled" with what we eat. That is why if we drink wine or eat blueberries, then we are violet. That's no problem because we brush our teeth and ready, but there are other foods and beverages that stain teeth more pervasively and eventually the van leaving a yellowish or brownish color, really ugly.
Colored such as coffee, tea or soft drinks they are on this list of "stainers" tooth. Also smoking and poor oral hygiene help harming the picture, ie increase the porosity of the enamel.
The acid of certain foods also damage on way. Eating meat, dairy products, eggs, citrus, refined sugar, beer, artificial sweeteners, carbonated soft drinks or vegetable oils worsens the situation. We can also include sweets, but above all, how often you consume them.
A typical mistake is to brush your teeth just finished eating. It is true that prevents cavities from forming but also causes the enamel not have time to regain his strength.
On the opposite sidewalk are foods that help you maintain white teeth. Among fruits and vegetables are pears, apples, carrots, cucumbers, cauliflowers, lettuce, broccoli and spinach. Some for its fiber, other nutrients that create a protective film on the tooth enamel, preventing staining.
In turn, they serve cheeses because they have protein and fat to neutralize acids from other foods. Also because they stimulate the production of saliva having phosphorus and calcium, helping to remineralize the enamel.
home teeth whitening recipes
- Rub teeth for 45 seconds with the inside of an orange peel, the white part between the crust and the segments, called mesocarpio and containing substance to make your teeth whiter. Brush half hour later.
- Make a paste of strawberry and sodium bicarbonate. The first acts as a natural bleaching agent. Just crush the fruit and mix with the other ingredients. Applied to the teeth and allow 20 minutes, then rinse. Wait 30 minutes and brush as usual. Do not abuse their use (if possible once a week or every other week).
- Daily eating a slice of papaya or even an apple. These fruits serve to strengthen the gums and while leaving white teeth.
- Spread a little wood ash on the toothbrush and wash as usual. Rinse with warm water and then brushing with usual dentifrice.
- Place two tablespoons of sage leaves in a cup of boiling water. Let cool and perform swish after every meal. You can also chew a leaf after eating.
- Mix two tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide with water. Imbibes some cotton and rub gently on the stained teeth. Rinse with water.
- Takes a homogeneous paste with 1 tablespoon yeast, 2 teaspoons salt and a little water. Brush with this preparation like toothpaste.
- Rub your teeth for two minutes with the inside of a banana peel. You can perform this procedure as many times as you want every day. Salicylic acid has exerted an excellent bleaching effect in the enamel.
- Mix half cup of yeast and two teaspoons salt into a paste. Brush your teeth with it.
- Make carbon powder and place in the toothbrush, rub all teeth. While it may indeed be a strange feeling (as in the case of wood ash), many say it is the best remedy for teeth whitening.
Baking soda to whiten teeth
All home remedies that were detailed above are very effective if you leave your teeth looking pearly color. However, all agree that there is no better treatment than sodium bicarbonate. It is a more ecological and healthy alternative for your teeth, but also fail to use dentifrice, if that's your preference.
Just pour ¼ teaspoon baking soda into a cup and wet toothbrush with tap water. Dip it in baking so that you go sticking and brush like any dentifrice. If you put a large amount, you may have a salty effect or acid in your mouth, but do not worry, you will go just rinse thoroughly with water.
However, you must remember this rarely do it in the month, as its overuse can damage tooth enamel. Remember, all with the right amount and with a careful application. 1 recommend doing between every other week, then increase it to once a month, nothing more.
Final tips for whiter teeth
- Always keep your mouth clean
- Do not brush hard
- Stop smoking
- Reduce consumption of coffee, tea or soda
- Use a straw
Images courtesy of Marco Alexandre, torbakhopper, D. Sharon Pruitt Rupert Taylor Price, JavCon 117, Rory McLeod and Katy Warner.