¿Decayed? ¿Exhausted? Are you overwhelmed muscle aches? Do you have frequent cramps? Are you too stressed? Well maybe all of these symptoms you are stating what you really have A magnesium deficiency!
Magnesium is an essential mineral in performing various metabolic processes and is present in all body cells. Read this article and tell you the 14 Magnesium benefits for your health.
- 1 Magnesium relief to your conditions
- 2 14 benefits of magnesium
- 2.1 Benefit # 1: anti-stress effect
- 2.2 Benefit # 2: Energy for you
- 2.3 Benefit # 3: Strengthening bones and teeth
- 2.4 Benefit # 4: Kidney Care
- 2.5 Benefit # 5: Menstrual Cramps
- 2.6 Benefit # 6: Relieves constipation
- 2.7 Benefit # 7: Prevents cardiovascular disease.
- 2.8 Benefit # 8: Good digestions
- 2.9 Benefit # 9: Muscle Relaxation
- 2.10 Benefit # 10: Lowers Blood Pressure
- 2.11 Benefit # 11: Prevents premature births
- 2.12 Benefit # 12: Maintain body pH
- 2.13 Benefit # 13: Against insomnia
- 2.14 Benefit # 14: Diabetes
Magnesium relief to your conditions
Magnesium can be found in nature in the form of ion forming salts and oxides and have an important biological role not only for humans, but also for plants. In fact chlorophyll contains magnesium and already know how essential is this compound for photosynthesis to occur and the oxygen we breathe and the growth of plants consume occurs.
In humans magnesium is in all tissues, particularly bones and muscles. Its functions are very different so I present some example:
biological role of magnesium
- Stabilizes the DNA strands and RNA, which allows the correct cell regeneration, prevents occurring mutations and cancer cells appear, among other things.
- Involved in the production of ATP, the energy needed for all metabolic processes.
- It has a direct relationship with the metabolism of calcium
- Involved in the production processes of neuromodulators and neurotransmitters that allow information to travel in the form of nerve impulses through your body and can move to speak, in order to be who you are.
- It allows muscle relaxation fact is especially important in maintaining the proper rhythm in the heartbeat.
- It acts on the nervous system causing relaxation.
Daily magnesium intake requirements are 300 to 360 milligrams for adults, but do not need to fill supplements, you can find what your body needs in many natural foods such as, for example, green leafy vegetables. Then I show you a list of foods and magnesium content. You will be surprised:
Magnesium content in 100 grams of product
- Spinach: 60 milligrams
- Parsley: 200 milligrams
- peas: 50 milligrams
- Pumpkin seeds: 262 milligrams
- almonds: 258 milligrams
- hazelnuts: 258 milligrams
- Peanut: 174 milligrams
- Soybeans: 240 milligrams
- Chickpeas: 160 milligrams
- wholemeal: 140 milligrams
- Seafood140 milligrams approx.
- Dark chocolate: 107 milligrams
- Integral rice: 106 milligrams
There are many foods that contain it, as you see, but it is quite usual that there are deficiencies in this mineral because certain drugs or high levels of stress can cause their elimination through the urine.
14 benefits of magnesium
We cherish our levels of magnesium, because its health benefits are undeniable, generally keeping them stable will achieve reduce the risk of heart disease, muscle spasms, diabetes and hypertension.
Benefit # 1: anti-stress effect
Magnesium is a natural tranquilizer involved in nerve transmissions and maintains active neurons. If you want your nervous system in good condition and feel relaxed and happy, mind your magnesium levels, which directly influence the production of serotonin, a hormone that lifts your spirits.
Benefit # 2: Energy for you
As I explained magnesium is necessary in metabolic processes that allow energy production. If you want to have greater muscle strength, either grip strength or power in legs and arms and watch your muscles well developed magnesium is your solution. feel energetic and active.
Benefit # 3: Strengthening bones and teeth
Magnesium helps fixing calcium and phosphorus in bones and teeth which makes you get them healthy and strong. By consuming magnesium in recommended amounts you will prevent osteoporosis and cavities.
Benefit # 4: Kidney Care
The balance between calcium and magnesium is essential for life. To mobilize calcium magnesium can destroy kidney stones, so having appropriate levels will have to perfect your kidneys.
Benefit # 5: Menstrual Cramps
Magnesium promotes hormonal balance and is able to prevent and reduce menstrual cramps.
Benefit # 6: Relieves constipation
Magnesium purifies our body, acting as a mild laxative is able to drag toxins in our bowels favoring evacuation. Also it controls the proliferation of intestinal flora.
Benefit # 7: Prevents cardiovascular disease.
Nothing like magnesium to relax the heart muscle and prevent arrhythmias, In addition to playing an important role in many of the reactions that occur in the heart.
Benefit # 8: Good digestions
The magnesium ion is part of saliva, aqueous solution having among other functions lubrication food and the beginning of digestion. This ion is also in composing the gastric juices. Moreover magnesium is able to control stomach acids, promote digestion and act as a mild laxative.
Want to have good digestions? Keep an Eye on the amount of magnesium you consume!
Benefit # 9: Muscle Relaxation
Magnesium directly influences muscle relaxation, avoiding cramps, fatigue and injuries. Low levels of this ion increases the accumulation of lactic acid increasing pain, stiffness and muscle contractures.
Benefit # 10: Lowers Blood Pressure
Magnesium is an essential electrolyte in maintaining the balance of body fluids, thus plays a role in maintaining adequate blood pressure. Get rid of hypertension, monitor your levels of magnesium.
Benefit # 11: Prevents premature births
Magnesium is very important for pregnant, is why you should consume daily between 320 and 380 milligrams of magnesium. This mineral prevents premature births that occur while maintaining the relaxed uterus until the time of delivery.
Benefit # 12: Maintain body pH
Magnesium regulates any imbalance body pH, otherwise damages of tissues and organs may occur.
Benefit # 13: Against insomnia
The melotonina is a hormone that among its many functions influences the regulation of sleep. Magnesium deficiencies, by influencing this hormone, causing the appearance of sleep disorders.
Benefit # 14: Diabetes
Magnesium prevents diabetes enabling control of blood sugar levels. By increasing insulin release this substance allows the incorporation of sugar into cells, decreasing its concentration in the blood.