How to cure and treat cystitis with home remedies
Cystitis is a bacterial infection in the urinary system. It is more common in women, who suffer from this problem at least once in their life. Meet in the following article how to cure and treat cystitis with home remedies.
- 1 What to know about cystitis?
- 2 Recommendations to treat cystitis
- 3 Folk Remedies for cystitis
What to know about cystitis?
Cystitis affects more women because the female urethra is shorter than the male. Therefore bacteria (Escherichia coli, Staphylococci, Streptococci or trachomatis) travel a distance from the skin better.
The most common symptoms of cystitis are:
- sharp pains and puncture in the abdomen
- frequent urination and a burning sensation or burning during urination
- Fever, chills and malaise
Causes of cystitis
Cystitis can be caused by many different causes, These may include the following:
- Using external methods of birth control as diaphragms, condoms and spermicidal gels.
- Wounds in the urethra caused by prolonged or vigorous intercourse
- hormonal changes from pregnancy and menopause
- Not urinate when you have the need to do so ( "hold" long)
Recommendations to treat cystitis
Drink plenty of fluids
At the first sign or symptom of infection must drink a glass of water every hour, at least. So you cleanse the bladder and drive out the urine that may be causing cystitis.
Do not hold
Do not wait too long to go to the bathroom when you feel the urge to urinate. Bladder resents that should be extended to offer more space to excess urine. Why not have enough strength to expel urine and germs "leverage" to stay in the urinary system.
Apply heat to the area. Under the abdomen, when it hurts a lot, it's a good idea to put a warm compress or heating pad.
If the burning sensation or burning is very strong, performs a warm sitz bath to ease the pain. Pregnant women are not allowed this practice often during pregnancy because it can cause abortions.
Lee: What the color of your urine says about your health
Care hygiene and clothing
Keep hygiene during sex. Your partner should be well sanitized in their private parts before sex. The same in your case.
It is also important to pay attention to your personal hygiene. Should not use vaginal deodorants or soaps, as well as avoid very hot and long showers.
further, It is advisable to use cotton underwear, especially since women are in more contact with the garment. The less tight clothing allows private parts "breathe" and at the same time will be drier. For men, better wear short pants-type (also called "Boxer").
Avoid alcoholic drinks
These drinks are irritating to the urinary tract. So if you have cystitis often or are suffering, it is best to not consume alcohol.
Changes the method of birth control
The diaphragm worn by women compresses the bladder neck and hurts, which causes inflammation that can not pass urine properly. Gels spermicides can also cause disturbances in the defense mechanisms having bladder, allowing the bacteria to survive and move to the bladder.
Monitors bladder infections
If you are experiencing this problem very recurrently necessary to write it down in a notebook and identify the causes that can cause cystitis. So you can discover what triggers it.
Further, You must attend the doctor if your family medical history of kidney problems, If you have diabetes, you are pregnant, suffer tremors or vomiting, you have a fever, urine with blood, you suffer from high blood pressure, you are over 50 years (men) or suspect you have a sexually transmitted disease.
Folk Remedies for cystitis
There are simple remedies to relieve and treat cystitis. Here are some of them:
- Drink a glass of water with two tablespoons honey pure bee and two of apple cider vinegar with each meal.
- Eat three cloves of raw garlic daily.
- Ingested twice a day with a glass of water a tablespoon of sodium bicarbonate.
- Drinks an infusion of corn silk. Boil three tablespoons in a cup of water for 10 minutes.
- Drinks an infusion of parsley, which is prepared with two tablespoons of this plant in boiling water 10 minutes.
- Consumes four tablespoons marshmallow root soaked overnight in one liter of water. Drink during the day.
It may interest you 12 amazing uses corn starch or cornstarch
Other natural remedies
- Boil two tablespoons of chamomile with 3 cloves raw garlic in one liter of water. Remove from heat, let cool and strain. Douching performed before bedtime.
- Drink three glasses of cranberry juice acids a day because this fruit has a substance that prevents bacteria are fixed on the walls of the urinary tract and be expelled in urine.
- 4 Prepare a broth with onions and a liter of water and drink it throughout the day.
A remedy with cherries
Lava half kilo of cherries (without removing out) and put in a water bath. Cook until soft and prepares a sort of puree. Removed the bones to break better and place them back in the container.
Boils longer until it turns everything into a pulp. Add 250 grams of cane sugar and continue cooking until syrup. Stored in a dry container and cover tightly when cold. Take one tablespoon per day.
Images courtesy of US Pacific Air Force Ces, Lara 604, Department of Foreign, Ben Scholzen, Larry Hoffman, N. Varchar