Banana amazing properties for our health
Banana is a delicious, nutritious and very satiating, ideal to take at certain times of day fruit, but less desirable change depending on how the combine with other foods.
In this article we explain what their properties, which gives us and what we should not abuse cases, and the best way to eat to avoid not only fattening, but to help us lose weight.
A banana about 100 grams contains approximately 100 calories, 1 gram of protein, 25 grams of carbohydrates and less than one gram of fat. Also it contains 3 grams of fiber.
The banana is rich in vitamins B6 and C, folic acid, and minerals such as magnesium and potassium.
Bananas are rich in starch
Although the banana is a fruit, their nutritional values make belongs to the category of starches along with other foods such as potato, grain, flour, peanuts, etc. This is critical to determining what is the best time to eat, what foods should or not combined, etc.
When do we eat?
Starches are the main feature of providing energy to our body and being slowly digested, and for that reason It is not recommended to consume at night, because then we would say yes fattening. Everything we eat at night should be light and easily digestible.
Instead, Starches are excellent morning, as we provide energy for the whole day.
There are also two great times to eat bananas, and it is precisely at midmorning or midafternoon, just when we are hungry, we want a snack that satiates us but not fattening us. Bananas satiate us easily without having to consume refined sugars, fats or other less healthy foods. In addition, we can carry around and easy to eat.
On the other hand, we recommend not eat more than one a day, precisely because some nutritional values as complete.
Eating bananas usually provides the following beneficial properties to our body:
- Reduces cholesterol levels
- Regulates intestinal problems
- Reduces muscle cramps
- Provides energy to our body quickly, making it an excellent fruit for children and athletes, or for cases of exhaustion, chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia
- Regulates the nervous system and helps relieve anxiety problems, irritability, etc.
- It helps treat anemia naturally
- Lowers blood pressure
- Reduces the risk of heart
- Thanks to its alkalizing properties functions as a natural antacid
- Reduces nausea and morning sickness
- An ideal food when suffering from ulcers
- It helps relieve menstrual cramps
- It is a good supplement in treatment to quit snuff
- It is an indispensable fruit for pregnant women because it reduces nausea, regulates the intestine, provides energy without gaining weight and contains folic acid
How do I eat?
The only indication is that the banana should always eat ripe, otherwise difficult to digest. Otherwise, it offers countless culinary possibilities:
- It gives a creamy texture and sweet smoothies. This allows us to add some less tasty but very beneficial healthy ingredients, like some green leafy vegetable, yeast, vegetable drinks, etc.
- A very original and light to do so banana ice cream is paring ripe bananas and freeze them. When they are already frozen the crush them in a blender with yogurt. Then we can eat directly or freeze a while longer if we like harder. We can also add hot chocolate over if we get a delicious and attractive dessert.
- It allows us to use less sugar when cooking biscuits, and also gives juiciness
- We can cook roast with cinnamon
- If banana crush with a fork obtain a creamy paste that can be mixed with cocoa for a very healthy cocoa cream, dairy, flour and sugar
Images courtesy of juantiagues and sidehike