Diarrhea is one of the most common digestive disorders and it is characterized by a higher frequency in the evacuation of feces.
The causes are varied and can range from infection to consumption of spoiled food through anxiety or irritable bowel syndrome.
In this article we tell you how to cut naturally.
- 1 Diarrhea: Causes and Consequences
- 2 Natural Remedies to cut diarrhea
- 2.1 1. Rice Water
- 2.2 2. Yogurt
- 2.3 3. Water bicarbonate
- 2.4 4. Apple
- 2.5 5. Ginger
- 2.6 6. Chamomile tea
- 2.7 7. Pears
- 2.8 Fenugreek 8.Semillas
- 2.9 9. Carrot
- 2.10 10. Bananas
Diarrhea: Causes and Consequences
When the digestive system does not work properly the result is an increase in bowel habits.
Go to the bathroom 3 times per day is considered diarrhea, which may be accompanied by various symptoms, including:
- Bloating or abdominal pain
This problem can be caused by being intolerant to certain foods, viral or bacterial infections or drinking contaminated water.
In other cases it is due to diseases such as, for example, ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease or the aforementioned irritable bowel syndrome.
Diarrhea usually lasts 2 to 4 days. After that time, the symptoms disappear completely, but equally we should continue with a light diet to complete the week.
See also: 6 natural treatments for ulcerative
Natural Remedies to cut diarrhea
Besides not allow us to do our business as normal, diarrhea can be annoying and painful.
To reduce the symptoms we can leverage the benefits of the following home remedies:
1. Rice Water
It is one of the best-known recipes to cut diarrhea. Surely your mother or grandmother prepared when you were little.
- 4 cups of water (1 liter)
- 1 cup rice (185 g)
- Place in a saucepan and warm water.
- When breaks the boil, pour the rice and simmer for 20 minutes.
- After that time, strain and reserve the water.
- Wait reach room temperature and drinks a cup.
- You can consume up to three cups per day.
It is a good remedy for any stomach or intestinal problems we have because of the "good" bacteria (such as Lactobacillus acidophilus or Bifidobacterium) it contains.
These microorganisms restore the balance in the colon and are responsible for annihilating harmful bacteria.
Where possible you eat two natural yogurts a day to reduce the symptoms of diarrhea.
3. Water bicarbonate
Drink plenty of fluids is critical when we have diarrhea because the body is dehydrated with each deposition.
In addition, by combining water with other ingredients, such as sodium bicarbonate, it can serve to recover faster.
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- 2 tablespoons baking soda (20 g)
- 2 tablespoons salt (20 g)
- 1 tablespoon sugar (10 g)
- Placed in a glass water at room temperature.
- Add the baking soda and salt. Stir well.
- Then incorporates sugar and mixture.
- Drink several times a day.
It is the best fruit to cut diarrhea. However, to take effect it must be peeled (Because the skin contains a lot of fiber) and boiled or roasted.
Once you finished cooking you can cut into slices, grated or make compote.
It is used in the event that diarrhea is caused by food poisoning. It serves to reduce cramping and abdominal pain.
It can be consumed in different ways such as tea.
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- 1 small slice of ginger root
- 1 tablespoon of honey (25 g)
- In a saucepan place the water and slice ginger.
- Heated to a boil and let the decoction is performed for 15 minutes.
- After the indicated time, remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes.
- Filtered, sweetened with honey and drink as hot as possible.
6. Chamomile tea
Chamomile flowers have many medicinal properties. In addition to calm nerves and anxiety (ideal if these are the cause of diarrhea) plant is intestinal inflammation and antispasmodic.
The chamomile tea bags are very easily available in the market or health food stores. Consume three cups per day.
The second most commonly used to cut the diarrhea, especially in children fruit. Like the apple, peeled and cooked we consume. You can also prepare a compote.
- 3 pears
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Peel pears and cut into large slices.
- Place in a saucepan with water and cinnamon stick.
- Cook until pears are tender.
- Squeeze lemon juice and add it to the preparation.
- Remove cinnamon stick and serves a portion.
- You can eat up to 3 servings per day.
Also known as fenugreek, they are perfect for treating diarrhea and containing a dose of mucilage (with antidiarrheal properties).
Just chew a handful of toasted fenugreek, several times a day.
This rich and nutritious vegetable has many benefits.
It provides water to reduce or prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea and also guarantees us a good dose of potassium, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium. All these minerals restore the balance of intestinal flora.
Eat cooked mashed carrots or soup.
We recommend reading: Bounties carrot you do not know
It is the third best fruit to cut diarrhea there. It is recommended mature consume because of its high content of pectin (A soluble fiber in water) and potassium (which balances some digestive function).