We all know that breakfast is the most important meal because it allows us out to the street with all the energies and us face the day in the best way. We recommend eating oats to the first collation in the morning. Have you ever thought about why? In the following article you will know.
- 1 The most important benefits of eating oats
- 2 Other benefits of oats
- 3 How to eat oats
The most important benefits of eating oats
It is depurative
Thanks to the large number of amino acids it contains, It stimulates the production of lecithin in the liver, favoring the purification of toxins from the body.
Consuming oatmeal is good to clean the walls of the arteries, as Fiber is "sweeping" fat deposits which they are accumulated in them and can generate many heart problems, cholesterol, among others.
You may be interested: 3 liquefied to nourish and purify the liver
It helps control sugar levels in the blood
This is excellent news for those with diabetes. Undoubtedly, the need to add to your diet because improved starch digestion and maintains stable blood sugar level, especially after eating.
If you have problems when having lunch or dinner, oats helps reduce bile acid, in turn facilitating bowel movement and preventing constipation.
Being rich in carbohydrates slow absorption, It keeps you feeling full for longer hours, It is a good alternative for those who are dieting, because it removes the urge to eat all the time.
Proteins has great value
In total there are 8 essential amino acids of oats, which make it a source of protein of high biological value. This quality allows to form new tissues in the body.
It protects against cancer
There are several studies that have been conducted in the US on the properties of oats as a weapon to protect against cancer, an increasingly common disease. This is because it contains phytochemicals. It is advised to consume oatmeal every day to reduce by more than 10% chance of developing breast or colon cancer.
It is good for the heart
The reason is the large amount of omega 3 and linoleic acids, known as "good fats" that help reduce bad cholesterol (LDL), favoring activities in the heart and brain.
Helps the central nervous system
Oatmeal is a cereal rich in vitamins B. Therefore it helps develop, maintain and balance the nervous system.
Prevents thyroid problems
It is particularly advisable in cases of hypothyroidism, containing iodine, a mineral that helps the thyroid gland related function properly.
See also: 7 Signs of thyroid problems that we overlook
That It is because it has high levels of calcium, necessary for good bone health, preventing demineralization.
Other benefits of oats
- It helps you lose weight: To do this, you must eat oats fasting or breakfast with skim or soy milk, orange juice or nuts.
- It is one of the best sources of energy that exist, so it is recommended to consume first thing in the morning or before noon, especially for those who work long hours away from home or have to study for an exam.
- It is a great ally in beauty treatments: the properties of oats do not take advantage when taken alone. It can also be used topically (external) for aesthetic routine. For example, mixed with moisturizer becomes a great exfoliator for face and is much cheaper than any other beauty treatment.
How to eat oats
There are many ways to add oats to our daily diet. These are just a few:
- Oatmeal shake: added in the blender an apple, a banana, a pear, milk or yogurt, along with a few tablespoons of oatmeal and mix well. This delicious drink can be consumed at any time of the day so that your body feel healthier. Sweetened with sugar if necessary.
- pancake: Can be salty or sweet, depending on your preference. It is made with some oatmeal and milk, and then you can fill with vegetables and spices, jams and sweets, etc.
- Oat bread: It is a really delicious bread, you can add cinnamon and nutmeg and do not forget to put yeast to grow in the oven. you can also place raisins, seeds, nuts, chocolate, etc.
- Oatmeal Cookies: They are an excellent choice for a snack, there are varieties with coconut, almonds or walnuts.
- Salad ingredient: Chops onion, tomato, boiled potatoes, cucumber, lettuce, grated carrots, which you can think of and finally, the special touch: oats, which must be boiled (if desired with salt), for 25 minutes, wash and rinse with cold water.
- Breading vegetables or meats: Instead of using breadcrumbs or flour, oats you can use to make cutlets eggplant or squash, chicken, fish, meat, etc.
- At breakfast: It is most popular. Oat flakes placed on raw milk or yogurt, some do directly in orange juice. It will help you avoid constipation and in turn, will give you lots of energy for the whole day.
Images courtesy of megan chromik, Wiennat Mongkulmann, Rachel Tayse, Alpha, Jim Champion and theimpulsivebuy.