How to combat heartburn
The heartburn, also known as heartburn, is a sensation that starts in the lower chest and may extend to the throat. As usual It occurs when stomach juices flowing upwards up the esophagus, because it has not closed at all or there was some kind of pressure to make enough stomach acid up into the esophagus.
Our stomach is ready to withstand the acidic pH. Instead, our esophagus does not have this ability and why It occurs that uncomfortable feeling is commonly known as reflux.
What are the causes of heartburn?
As already we mentioned, one of the causes can be pressure in the stomach either by tight clothing, belts, pregnancy or obesity, among others. However, among the causes we can find:
- Ingesting food or alcohol excessively.
- Keep the stomach empty for long.
- Skipping breakfast or any meals.
- Eat high fat, acidic, spicy.
- Consumption of some medications.
What are the symptoms?
When a person suffers from heartburn or heartburn you may experience one or more of the following symptoms:
- Stinging or burning sensation in the stomach.
- Continuous stomach cramps.
- Difficulty to swallow.
natural remedies to combat heartburn
One of the best ways to combat heartburn is through the consumption of natural remedies. Many of these remedies are prepared as a prevention method to avoid this problem.
Aloe vera is known worldwide for its properties to soothe and restore irritation or burns. Likewise, It is also very effective in treating heartburn. For this particular case it is recommended to drink half a quarter cup of aloe vera juice, 20 minutes before each meal. Ideally, drink moderately and characterized by having laxative properties.
Sodium bicarbonate is one of the natural products of choice for combating heartburn. It is one of the most famous antacids, besides fighting the uncomfortable feelings of heartburn, is also effective to regulate the pH of our body. Ideally, consume a teaspoon of baking soda dissolved in a glass of water. It not recommended for people suffering from hypertension or fluid retention.
Ginger root is one of the ancient remedies to combat heartburn. Its properties are also effective in relieving symptoms such as nausea or inflammation. You can use it in infusion, include it in salads, smoothies or other preparations.
By taking small amounts of apple cider vinegar we can also control the pH of the stomach to prevent or combat acidity. In this case it is recommended to take two teaspoons apple cider vinegar diluted in ¼ cup water, 30 minutes after eating. It is very important to dilute the product in water because if we do not, can have the opposite effect.
It is considered one of the best natural remedies to prevent and combat the heat. Its properties stimulate digestion and help prevent the annoying symptoms that cause burning sensation. It is recommended to drink papaya juice half an hour after eating.
Chamomile helps facilitate digestion and decreases the risk of heartburn and reflux, because it helps neutralize the acid pH of the stomach. It is recommended to prepare an infusion of chamomile, with a handful of camomile flowers in a cup of boiling water for 3 minutes. Let stand and consumed before meals.
Tips to combat heartburn
- Avoid exercise immediately after eating.
- No stooping frequently after eating.
- Avoid sleeping the "siesta" after eating as this can cause pressure on the stomach and thereby heartburn.
- Eat small meals several times a day. Excesses can overload of work the stomach.
- Avoid tight-fitting clothing when meals.
- Prevent or treat obesity, it is a problem that generates more abdominal pressure, which makes the food back into the esophagus.
- Avoid smoking.
- Sleeping with your upper body slightly raised.
- chew food properly and eat slowly.
- Avoid drinking during meals.