Is it healthy or harmful eat fruit for dessert? Can we give yourself without food ceases to be balanced? The answer we applesauce, a dessert that combines the virtues necessary to be part of a healthy and complete meal.
Find out in this article why, in general, eat dessert is not a healthy option and instead, why can always opt for a good applesauce.
Beware of fruit desserts
Fruit is very healthy, but the best time to eat is not exactly in the food, with some exceptions. Most fruits worsen digestion, ferment and cause bloating, worsen the assimilation of other foods and fatten us more than if comiéramos later.
What are the most damaging fruit dessert?
- Acid fruits: Orange, mandarin, grapefruit.
- Sweet fruitsStrawberries, grapes, peaches, apricots, cantaloupe, watermelon, etc.
These fruits can take the mid-morning or mid-afternoon or an hour before the meal.
Nor is it advisable to opt for a mixed fruit salad, as it tends to combine many of which do not suit us and is further added juice, usually orange, and enough sugar.
On the other hand, there are two fruits that are considered neutral and, therefore, can be taken as a dessert or even mixed with food:
A neutral fruit
The apple is a fruit that can take neutral dessert and even add to salads, stews or roasts. We can enjoy any time of day, as recommended by many nutritionists, We should eat at least one a day to stay healthy and vital.
In addition, the option to take compote is easy to eat and being cooked, very easy to digest.
We go over what their medicinal properties.
- It is rich in antioxidants, which slow cellular aging.
- It has cleansing properties and improves the function of the liver and gallbladder.
- It contains a good amount of fiber, ideal to combat constipation.
- It protects against cancer thanks to its flavonoid content.
- Regulates blood sugar levels and reducing the risk for type 2 diabetes.
- Improves the health of teeth and gums.
- It reduces cholesterol levels and blood pressure.
- Improves digestive problems.
- Alkalized our body.
- It increases bone density and prevents osteoporosis.
A very healthy compote
We share a compote recipe very healthy and medicinal apple.
Ingredients for 3 servings:
- Two green apples thoroughly washed.
- A glass (200 ml) of water.
- Spices to taste: We recommend cinnamon, ginger and turmeric.
- If we have achieved organic apples can add your peeling, which is very rich in fiber but, if not, better peel them.
- The troceamos and put them in a small saucepan with water and spices to taste.
- The pot will boil for about 15 minutes covered, stirring occasionally with a spoon, taking care that no sufficient water.
- When it is cooked, we can leave whole chunks or crush with a fork.
Apple and brings some sweetness but if it is a highly acidic variety or want the recipe is sweeter, we can add a little honey or cane.
We have added spices not only add a touch of different flavor, but also enhance the benefits of this dessert. Among many other properties, will improve and facilitate the digestion of what we have eaten.
If we get used to eating this dessert you may want give a different touch from time to time to not get bored. We make a few suggestions:
- You can add pear, carrot or squash this compote.
- If the food has been light, we recommend adding some walnuts or hazelnuts to be a little more nutritious dessert.
- To treat yourself without breaking the rules of good nutrition, occasionally you can melt some chocolate and add black above compote.
- Another option to decorate this compote and turn it into a delicious dessert is to combine it with a vegetable cream, such as coconut, rice or almond.
Images courtesy of Franek N, marionlon, Brian Yap and torbakhopper.