Lentils, source of protein and antioxidants
The lentils, like other legumes, they are basic in a healthy diet. They are rich in fiber, protein and essential nutrients for anyone.
And now, tell us ... Do you consume on a regular basis? Do you like lentils? Or maybe you prescindes them because You think they can make you gain weight?
The most vegetables are low in fat and they give us many benefits but including lentils are certainly one of the best options we should not do without.
They are spongy, velvety and delicious, so rich in antioxidants and other nutrients which they are often the basis for many vegan diets because of its high protein index.
Would you like to know everything that lentils can do for you?
Lentils: a natural source of protein that care for your health
You should know that in countries like India, where many people choose not to consume animal flesh, gets much of its daily by lentils and soy proteins.
Now it is possible that in your case, whenever you see the lentils immediately associate such as protein and calorie dishes where we include chorizo, ham, potatoes, etc.
They are very rich in all forms, offer a lot of versatility and is now a staple in many homes. However, it is worth stopping a moment to understand a little more what all benefits.
1. Is it true that the lentils fat?
We begin with this point that, without a doubt, we are interested in all. It is true that lentils have a high caloric value, however, it is the same level as rice or chicken meat.
The key is therefore in balance, and consumed in moderation. With the right dose and instead it can offer great benefits when losing weight:
- Lentils are rich in zinc, a mineral that helps regulate hunger and therefore the need to snack between meals. A normal pittance will leave us very satiated.
- They contain protein, and proteins are essential in weight loss diets: Provide muscle firmness and avoid sagging.
- Lentils contain an interesting dose of potassium which will prevent liquids accumulate and hinchemos us.
- The secret to the lentils are adequate weight loss aid, it is to cook them properly. What do you think if we prepare a rich vegetable salad?
Discover also 3 healthy recipes with lentils
2. Rich in protein but very digestive
One of the drawbacks of proteins is that they usually take a while to digest. When we eat, for example, a steak, it took quite to digest, and which nutrients are absorbed by the intestine.
In the case of lentils this does not happen. They have a kind of amino acids that facilitate digestion, provided that combine adequate food.
If we chorizo and ham, as is obvious, it will cost more to digest that if carrots or zucchini accompany.
Another advantage is its lentils input fiber, and low lipid content, which It will help us regulate our weight both as to facilitate intestinal transit.
3. Natural source of nutrients
They are economical, versatile, tasty and a natural source of vitamins, minerals and proteins. How can you resist? These consumed legumes virtually everyone can do a lot for you.
Notes its interesting composition:
- Vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B6, C and E.
- Folic acid
Want to read more? Eating more protein thins
We can take a pittance between one or twice a week, combined with the most suitable to take care of our overall health foods. Only then we bring all these benefits:
- Fight constipation.
- Take care of our colon.
- Regulate the level of blood cholesterol.
- Combat stress thanks to its appropriate level of vitamin B complex
- We provide calcium, well suited to regulate osteoporosis and decalcification.
- Lentils are well suited for diabetics.
- To combat anemia.
- It is advisable having lentils during lactation and pregnancy, for its contribution of folic acid and their proteins. Strengthen teeth, bones, hair, skin and nails ... and are delicious!
Easy and fresh salad of lentils
- 400 g of cooked lentils and drained as
- 50 g low fat fresh cheese
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 1 carrot, grated
- 3 g of parsley
- 1 small onion minced
- 10 olives stuffed with anchovies
- 3 tablespoons canned corn
- 1 pinch of oregano
- Olive oil
- white vinegar (to taste)
See also how proteins know if I'm missing?
- Prepare this salad is as easy as fast. First thing we do is chop the onion, grate the carrot and cut into strips finite taco fresh cheese low fat.
- Add in a bowl cooked lentils, first. Then it includes corn, carrots, cheese, chopped onion and parsley. Stir well.
- Finally, it includes olives and seasoned with oregano, vinegar and olive oil. Stir well and pour yourself.
It's delicious, do not hesitate to try it!