We've all ever had any joint pain. Either by injury, inflammation or simple wear, our joints and cartilage are among them, are indispensable for controlling each of our movements and turns in daily life. Would you like to know how to take care of them? Want to know what foods can help?
It is essential that also take care of cartilage to maintain joints undamaged and functional, and one way to achieve that is through food. If besides taking care of our nutrition we do some sport, and care for our postural hygiene (Good shoes, right when sitting or working ... etc postures), we can keep going longer our joints in optimum condition. But let's look carefully.
Tips in your power to take care of joints
1. Good hydration
Cartilages, essential for good mobility, they need proper hydration. This will allow them to have a good lubrication to perform different movements. Try to drink two liters of water a day.
Proteins are essential to strengthen our joints. We offer amino acids can generate and regenerate new tissues and strengthen existing ones. How can you get them? Vegetables can bring you a wonderful dose of protein: spinach, cabbage, chia seeds, spirulina algae, chickpeas and lentils, quinoa ... Believe it or not they can offer more protein than a piece of red meat.
3. Vitamin A
Vitamin A is one of the richest and most beneficial to take care of our tissues components. It has antioxidant properties and protects us from free radicals. It is a great antioxidant. You can find vitamin A in carrots, squash, peppers, tomatoes, melons ...
4. Vitamin C
We know that vitamin C is a great antioxidant, but Did you know that is a great regenerator of the tissues of our body? is an ally to take care of our joints, and is essential to produce collagen, a basic protein to regenerate cartilage. If you take every day an orange juice or lemon in the morning, and at noon a kiwi, you get the necessary input.
5. Vitamin D
Vitamin D plays an essential role in the formation of bones and cartilage. This vitamin is stored in the adipose tissue and helps to absorb calcium. If we lack it, we can suffer the dreaded osteoporosis. To get it, do not forget to get some sun every day, at least 20 minutes. You can also find it in vitamin contributions that are sold in natural stores, as well as salmon, sardines, tuna canned in oil, eggs...
6. mineral Contribution
The mineral content is essential to have strong, healthy joints. Which we introduce into our diet will be the following:
- Calcium and phosphorus: tries to take chard, watercress, olives, dandelion, parsley, celery, escarole, endive turnips ...
- Magnesium and fluorine: catalysts to achieve calcium fixation in bones and joints. You can find magnesium in almonds, in soybeans, in brewer's yeast in hazelnuts, brown rice, in the chestnuts ... Meanwhile, the intake of fluoride needed can be found in water, tea, fish, seafood and vegetables such as spinach and cabbage.
healthy juices for your joints
Green juices are wonderful to reduce our inflammation, relieve pain and allow our cartilage to regenerate. All this will help to improve the state of our joint. To this end, in addition to introducing our diet foods mentioned above, it would be wonderful to once daily introducieras these juices in your nutrition. We tried?
- Six sprigs of spinach
- A branch of celery
- 2 kale
- 3 leaves of swiss chard
- 4 almonds
- A glass of water
- Wash all ingredients well.
- Mince almonds
- Enter all ingredients in the blender with the glass of water, and try to obtain a homogeneous good juice. It is ideal to take this juice before your main meal
Carrot juice, orange and melon
A great antioxidant that will help us regenerate cartilage. It is well suited to take it in the morning.
- 2 carrots
- An orange
- A cut melon
- We started washing carrots and cutting them into pieces, like melon.
- Get orange juice
- Leads to the blender carrots and cantaloupe. Once you've earned your juice, orange introduces so that it is well mixed. We assure you that the taste is simply superb and will take care of your joints.