How to cure ulcers and mouth sores?
They can be very small and yet very uncomfortable. They hurt, upset, and in a fairly wet to heal from one day to the other place. That is why you need to find a good home remedy to remove cures or sores as quickly as possible.
Why are sores in the mouth?
While they are wounds that occur very frequently, the truth is that no one knows precisely why they appear. Experts have not yet been able to determine exactly why these little sores appear in the mouth, So if you know it is affecting 20% of the population. They cause pain and discomfort for both talking and eating.
They can be of two types: simple or complex. The first sometimes appear a year and last about a week, in people between 10 and 20 years old. Complex are less frequent and suffer those who have already suffered some kind of canker sores before.
Mouth sores out for various reasons. Some factors that trigger them are stress, intake of acidic foods or citrus, injuries for some food or utensil a immune system which it is weakened, a nutritional problem or gastrointestinal disease. Sharp objects and orthodontics can also cause sores.
We must pay attention to canker sores and herpes, which can be identical in their appearance, but not in relation to the disease. Cold sores are caused by a single virus and is contagious; Canker no. The first may appear on other parts of the face, such as lips, nose and under the chin.
To find out if you have a canker sore symptoms are: burning, painful tingling sensation, round white or gray sores with reddening at the edges. Also fever, swollen lymph nodes, etc.
The good thing Cold sores They are disappearing almost always by themselves. The pain can be very annoying, but it is important not pose tongue and teeth in place for more than to be a "temptation". Seven to ten days will be a bad memory.
natural remedies to cure sores and canker sores
- Salt: It is one of the cheapest effective antiseptics and the world. It is a great ally to heal the wounds naturally. Just mix a teaspoon of salt in a glass of warm water and rinse your mouth with it, focusing on the area where you have the plague. Spits water and repeat the process at least three times a day. Gradually will decrease pain and discomfort. Other people choose to take a grain of salt and rub on it. The problem is that it creates more pain and irritation, it is not recommended.
- Sodium bicarbonate: It works like salt, as an effective antiseptic in these cases. Mixed with half a glass of water and rinse the mouth, making "swish" without swallowing the liquid. You can also make a paste with a little water and apply on the head, leaving a moment to make its effect. Then rinse with cold water without rubbing.
- PeroxideOther infallible remedy for mouth sores. Take a cotton swab and immerse or in hydrogen peroxide. Applied directly onto the lesion tid. It will soothe discomfort and help prevent infection.
- Mouthwash: It is not as "natural" remedy but can serve enough to soothe the discomfort in the mouth, immediate relief that will control the formation of bacteria. But do not place too flush, especially if it is very strong, because you'll probably burn.
- Ice: ownership of an ice cube is to heal the wounds gradually and in turn, reduce inflammation and ease pain. It acts as a sedative. Place an ice cube as often as you feel necessary per day.
- Yoghurt: Thanks to milk acid and bacteria it contains, will help you change the composition of the pH of the mouth and controlling the formation of new bacteria. Eat yogurt daily especially if you suffer from canker sores or frequently. You can apply directly to the wound or a swab.
- Milk of magnesia: Has a similar effect to that of yogurt. Use three times a day to change the pH of the mouth and will "face" bacteria that often cause ulcers.
Tips to prevent the formation of sores and canker sores
Deficiency of minerals or vitamins cause canker sores. So it is better that you include in your diet. Other conditions may also cause sores including iron deficiency anemia, folate, celiac disease, Crohn's disease, etc. So do not hesitate to add to your diet plan foods containing it, such as green leafy vegetables, whole grains, milk, among others.
Be careful when you brush your teeth because it can cause similar injuries to sores or irritations. The same when you eat a food with "tip" such as cookies, breads, toast, etc. Avoid acidic or spicy foods, chewing gum and do not forget to floss after every meal to always keep the mouth clean and healthy.
Images courtesy of Toshiyuki IMAI, the italian voice, Joshua Yoon Her Nandez, Emilian Robert Vicol, gaelx.