Benefits of Applesauce
When we were sick children our grandmothers or mother gave us applesauce. The also we offer our children when they are young or when they have digestive and intestinal problems.
Perhaps not try one of the food of the gods most chosen by humans. Nevertheless, It has many properties that are worth knowing.
In the following article we tell you what are the benefits of applesauce. Take advantage!
Stewed apples: what are they?
This fruit is one of the healthiest in the world and therefore worth consuming anyway. In addition to enjoying it raw (shelled or unshelled, depending on your preference) or roasted sure there is a recipe that you know from childhood: compote.
This typical dish in children is very simple to prepare and the good news is that It retains all the properties and nutrients apple. It provides antioxidants, flavonoids and vitamins.
For example, it has the ability to reduce cardiovascular disease and cancer (including chronic diseases). For this reason it is advised that adults also consume.
- It has been found that fructose containing this delicious fruit increases the elimination of toxins.
- If we add honey and cinnamon not only improve the taste, but will increase its benefits.
- This dessert for all ages is really delicious and beneficial to our health.
See also: facial cleansing with apple cider vinegar for 5 days: Discover what happens!
Main properties of applesauce
The apple is one of the most important sources of nutrients that nature offers us. It also helps us to:
Reduce cell aging
Apples are great sources of vitamin C (responsible for improving our defenses), so eat a piece a day contributes 11% we need to be healthy and strong.
It was also found that reduces the damage caused by free radicals and decrease the atrophy of certain organs and cells. This is very common in the elderly.
- Apple compote brings a good amount of insoluble fiber body. To do this, you must leave the shell in the recipe.
- Promotes intestinal motility and increased stool volume.
- For proper digestive and intestinal function men between 19 and 50 need 38 grams of fiber a day. Women, 25 grams per day.
Why this dessert is perfect for those suffering from constipation. In order to increase its effects it is recommended to drink plenty of water.
Help restore appetite
Convalescent children and adults applesauce is perfect to restore the desire to eat. It is used in frail health who can not chew or swallow food.
It is also used in those with digestive problems, bulimia or anorexia.
Just the opposite occurs in people who are healthy and, for example, want to lose weight.
A cup of unsweetened applesauce only provides 100 calories. For many this is enough to spend several hours without eating and without any undue tempted sandwich.
If combined with a tablespoon of almonds or raisins it will also be a dessert that will provide healthy fats, proteins and carbohydrates. And the feeling of satiety will be much higher!
How applesauce prepared?
Now that you know the properties and benefits of this delicious dessert it would be good for you to learn to prepare it at home. It's a very easy and quick recipe!
Enjoy all your nutrients and share with your family after lunch or dinner.
- 3 red apples
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (5 g)
- 2 tablespoons of honey (50 g)
- Thoroughly wash the apples and cut into quarters.
- Remove the heart, stem and seeds.
- Put in a tray oven and 40 minutes at 120 ° C.
- Remove from oven and allowed to warm before processing in the masher and a paste.
- Add cinnamon and honey (amounts are approximate, may use more or less depending on your taste).
- Or placed in individual containers and tubs, once to room temperature, kept in the refrigerator.
- It can be served hot or cold. It all depends on what you prefer.
- You can also make a combination of fruits: figs and pears are best apples marry.
Does applesauce contraindications?
In case you go to eat compote elderly, convalescent or children underweight people we recommend adding a tablespoon of oil to the recipe to increase their properties.
This dessert should be avoided in those with fructose intolerance. In that case you can use strawberries, raspberries or pineapples instead of apple, and mixed with rice.
We recommend reading: 10 reasons why everyone should avoid drinking soda
What is the difference between the puree and applesauce?
Many wonder about this because they believe it is the same recipe.
However, one aspect that has these desserts differ among themselves sauce prepared with cooked and mashed apple when raw. In the latter case it is peeled and grated. You may also add cinnamon, honey or raisins.